Acquisition and use of Personal Data
Whenever SA asks an individual as a natural person (hereinafter referred to as “Person”) to provide us with his/her Personal Data, we specify in advance the purpose for which the Personal Data will be used (hereinafter referred to as “Purpose of Use”) as follow:
- to respond to your requests and queries;
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to verify and process your personal particulars and payments;
- to send you information on special events, promotions in relation to our goods and services;
- to carry out market research and customer surveys;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to enforce contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales);
- for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent; and
- for any other purposes reasonably necessary, ancillary or related to the above specified purposes.
How does SA collect Personal Data?
Where possible, we will collect your Personal Data directly from you and secure the relevant consent from you. This may take place in a number of ways, such as when you take part in any event or promotion conducted by us and/or our business partners, give us a written order or ask us to provide a product or service over the telephone or internet. In addition, we may obtain Personal Data from third parties such as our agents, partners, contractors and regulatory authorities. Regardless of who provides Personal Data to us, it will always be handled by us in accordance with this policy and legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
SA does not disclose Personal Data to any third parties except under one or more of the following conditions:
- When the person has given his/her consent,
- When Personal Data is disclosed to any third party involved in our sales and support network, for example: our authorized sales agents, our authorized distributors, our authorized service providers and subcontractors (for example, delivery services providers) that have been obligated to preserve confidentiality to SA (hereinafter referred to as “the business partner”) within the scope necessary to perform the purpose of use,
- When Personal Data is disclosed to third parties which is authorized by related laws or guidelines,
- When a judicial or administrative organization has ordered the disclosure of Personal Data according to laws or ordinances.
Withdrawal of Consent
Should you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales and marketing information via a specific mode or all modes of communications (e.g., mail, email, telephone calls, SMS-Text), please notify us in writing to our contact details in paragraph 11). We may require up to 4 weeks, upon receipt of your request, for the change to take effect.
Access to Personal Data by individuals
You can access most of the Personal Data we hold about you by contacting us formally through the contact details indicated below. We will require a formal written request from you to our Data Privacy Officer (details in paragraph 11). We may charge an access fee to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you. Access to Personal Data may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the Personal Data relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will explain why as required by applicable laws.
Make corrections to your Personal Data
If you would like to make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact our Data Privacy Officer (details in paragraph 11). If you find that the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect, please contact our Data Privacy Officer immediately and we will correct it.
Security of Personal Data
SA maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your Personal Data against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration.
SA will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period for the purposes as cited or until you request for us to delete the Personal Data, or as required by law.
Links to Other Web Sites